Monday, May 25, 2009

this used to be my playground

when i was a kid, i used to stay at my grandparent's house on the weekends. this totally meant a night of popcorn, maybe some sweet T.G.I.F. action (a full blog devoted only to that beautiful night of television coming up), vanilla cream cookies, and this awesome lineup right here: EMPTY NEST!!

I totally forgot about charlie, the total perv that lived next door. and nurse laverne was one raspy voiced real deal lady. what about barbara the lesbian police officer daughter before it was cool to come on out and be real with it!!! there was even carol, the total mental case daughter who had some serious issues and needed a drink. Empty Nest ruled and it doesn't ever get remembered as fondly as the other classic 80's grandparent shows. That being said, there is obvs no way i can avoid this total gem:
blanch a hoe, rose is trippin, dorthy needs to get laid, and sophia is just keepin it real. nuff said. I will round this out with every southern girls' foundation for life, Designing Women.DO NOT mess with a Sugarbaker. I respect these hoes so much that I made a drink named after them. A Dixie Carter: one part whiskey, three parts lemonade, and a splash of grenadine. what was that? you decided you wanted a straight up Sugarbaker? A Sugarbaker: one part whiskey, two parts lemonade, one part ginger ale. i mean, is it just me? or is the power southern female dream friendship julia sugarbaker and sally field in steel magnolias? i thought so. oh yea, anthony SO gay. why did they EVER think anyone would believe the one very effeminate male in an interior design group was straight? okay, i gotta stop now. what what to all my G.R.I.T.S. out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

My photo
chattanooga, TN, United States
living the dream

Followers